Change your life...
If you can't fly or become anxious due to fear, you are not
alone… we are lucky to live here in the Channel Islands, but flying
is an essential part of island life and unfortunately for some this
may mean missing out on holidays and experiences, or that work is
Blue Islands, together with Guernsey Airport and Momentum
Training have designed an intimate two day Fear of Flying course to
help you understand where fear comes from and learn how to cope
with this debilitating but real fear.
When:17 & 18 June
Venue: Guernsey Airport
COURSE NOW FULL:
Sorry, this course is now full... Blue Islands may look to run
future courses... see below to register.
The course is split into four sections:
- Blue Islands' Training Manager Chris Stubbs will cover various
aspects of aviation and flying to help you better understand
aviation in general, what is going on at each stage of the flight
and what various sounds mean
- Mo Harford, International Behavioural Change Coach and
Trainer from Momentum Training will explain what fear is, how
it causes unpleasant feelings and how to let go of them
- An experience flight where you will be joined by Chris Stubbs
and Mo Harford in the cabin to explain what is happening during a
- Feedback session to review and cement learnings
DAY 1 AM: AVIATION & FLYING
Blue Islands' Training Manager, Chris Stubbs will deliver a talk
- Regulation and safety within aviation
- Training that pilots undertake
- Understanding how an aircraft works and its safety
- What different sounds mean
- What is happening at each stage of the flight
- Understanding turbulence
- Why things happen during a flight
DAY 1 PM: OVERCOME YOUR FEARS
Mo Harford, International Behavioural Change Coach and
Trainer from Momentum Training, with 25 years training
experience will discuss:
- What is fear and where does it come from?
- Why and how it causes us to experience those unpleasant
- What happens in the brain and body that creates what we
experience as fear?
- How to recognise fear for what it is and let go of the
DAY 2 AM: EXPERIENCE FLIGHT
Taking your learnings and understandings from day 1, you
will board a dedicated Blue Islands experience flight where Chris
and Mo will join you in the cabin. Chris will explain what is
happening at each stage of the flight, while Mo will help you
recognise what is happening with your bodies and brains.
DAY 2 PM: REVIEW & FEEDBACK
Following the experience flight, which will land
back at Guernsey Airport, there will be a final session to cement
the learnings and changes you have made and there will be an
opportunity to ask any final questions to Chris or Mo to help you
leave being able to look forward to a flight and book your next
COURSE NOW FULL!
Sorry, there has been an over-whelming response to th Fear of
Flying course. To deliver the best experience for all, places are
strictly limited. Blue Islands may look to run further courses in
the future. If you wish to be added to the mailing list please
register your details below...